PALM SPRINGS, CA – Comparing the mid-luxury segment to a “high-class dog fight,” Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus Div. knows it is stepping into daunting territory with the all-new ’06 GS. After all, there have been not one, not two, but three recently redesigned vehicles in the segment: the Cadillac STS, Audi A6 and Acura RL. Still to come is the new generation of Infiniti’s M sedan this spring. GS exterior shows new Lexus design direction. Additionally, BMW AG will be adding a new line ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sporty Is as Sporty Does" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.