Automakers and regulators alike are decorating the season with lighting news. Ford has new headlamp technology to be unwrapped Jan. 6 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Three concept vehicles will illuminate the work Ford is doing to replace the incandescent lamps on many of today’s vehicles. Ford will debut its fiber optic high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamp system that allows engineers to play with the spectral content of light and select that which is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spotlight on Lighting This Season" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.