DaimlerChrysler AG will begin building the Mercedes Sprinter van in North America under the Freightliner nameplate in mid-'01, a year before it ceases production of the Dodge Ram commercial van. The announcement follows reports the courier companies who have been testing Sprinter in North America like it, a consensus that led many to believe the automaker would stop making the Dodge B-van and use Sprinter to fill the growing distribution needs of the e-commerce world. DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sprinter Joins Freightliner, Fills B-Van Gap" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.