Ssangyong Motor Co.. Ltd. has begun realignment of production equipment within its Pyeongtaek, South Korea, plant as a first step in a major expansion program that has caught industry analysts by surprise. The facility builds the Korando, Musso and Rexton SUVs and the new Chairman luxury sedan. Ssangyong Rexton SUV The plan seeks to increase the size of the auto maker’s only production plant by 45%, to 44,406 sq.-ft. (478,000 sq.-m). Capacity will double from 180,000 to 400,000 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ssangyong Expands Production Base for Exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.