Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd. has begun pilot production of a new luxury sedan at its Pyongtaek, South Korea, plant that is a step up from its 63.9 million won ($70,000) Chairman premium large car, Ward’s learns. Codenamed the W200, the new sedan is designed for five passengers but is larger and has more interior room than the Chairman, which typically is chauffer driven and has a luxury rear-seat compartment. A Ssangyong spokesman says full production likely will begin in December. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ssangyong Launches Pilot Production of Luxury Sedan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.