Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd. is declining comment on a disclosure by the Seoul Invest equity fund it is looking for investors to acquire a 51% share in the beleaguered auto maker. “We have read reports of the Seoul Invest plan, but we have received no proposal from that private-equity fund and so cannot comment,” a Ssangyong spokesman tells Ward’s. Analysts say no equity fund could give serious consideration to a major acquisition without discussing the possibility with senior managers and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ssangyong Tightlipped About Acquisition Overture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.