South Korean Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd. trade union officials recently met with representatives of China’s Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) to press their demand for conditions under which SAIC could acquire their company. Ssangyong Rexton SAIC says it plans to sign an agreement with Ssangyong creditors by the end of the month to purchase 48.9% of the auto maker. In the first official meeting with Ssangyong’s suitor, the union demanded written pledges of job guarantees, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ssangyong Union Demands Job Guarantees From SAIC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.