“These are the best times ever,” says DaimlerChrysler Corp. President Thomas T. Stallkamp, who tells the American Iron and Steel Institute in New York last week that U.S. sales ran at a 17.2 million annual rate in May. “There's never been a demand like there is right now,” he adds. “We do see a softening toward the end of the year, but we don't see a cliff.” In his speech and following in an exclusive interview with Ward's, Mr. Stallkamp also says: DaimlerChrysler AG will remain ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Stallkamp: May Sales at 17.2 M Clip; DC to Stay Neutral on Alabama Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.