BRAMPTON, Ont., Canada – Unlike many other major auto makers, DaimlerChrysler AG and its volume-leading Chrysler Group say they do not plan to develop a single manufacturing process for use throughout the company. DC says it will rely more on its design and manufacturing organizations to work hand-in-hand to develop exciting products that fit within certain manufacturing parameters. Products such as the 300C will lead Chrysler and DC to flexible manufacturing. The auto maker is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Standard Manufacturing Process Not DC Goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.