As the auto industry steels itself for a rough ride in 2003, OEMs are putting on a brave face. And with increasing frequency, that face belongs to a designer. Once so under-appreciated they were known as mere "stylists," these professionals have become ambassadors for their brands, boldly striding into the spotlight to charm a public enamored of celebrity – rock stars of the industry. But as with the concept cars they create, you either love the strategy, or you loathe it. And the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Star Power" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.