Timely product launches, aggressive pricing strategies, growing consumer confidence and favorable competitive conditions helped European auto makers achieve a U.S.-market milestone in October, industry experts say. European brands accounted for a 10.0% share, their highest share ever and an increase of 1.7 points over like-2010, according to WardsAuto data. Their 101,406-unit sales total was a 27.6% jump from like-2010, outpacing the 13.1% surge by North American OEMs, a 7.1% bounce by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Stars Align to Boost U.S.-Market Fortunes of European OEMs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.