BEIJING — China's State Exit-Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau revokes the import safety permit for Mitsubishi Motors Corp.'s Pajero sport/utility vehicle (SUV), known as the Montero in the U.S. The Pajero is China's No.1 selling 4-wheel-drive vehicle and is widely used by China's military, recently replacing Beijing Jeep Corp.-made products as the People's Liberation Army vehicle of favor. The move revokes the import of the cars from Japan, starting Feb. 9, due to what it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"State bans import of Mitsubishi Pajero" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.