My son David comes to visit me in the country with his two sons in his Jeep Cherokee. Son Doug comes up with his one son in a minivan. The stuff they carry is beyond imagination. They are up for a day or two but they land like the 101st Airborne on a long campaign. That’s why they like big vehicles. My neighbors have boats or horses. They want to tow 5,000 lbs. (2,268 kg) That’s why they have V-8 body-on-frame SUVs. And who goes into drifting snow or a rainstorm that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Stop the Psychobabble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.