CANBERRA – The Auto Industry Strategic Action Group’s top executive issues a dire warning that sourcing parts from overseas and closing Australian parts plants is threatening the fabric of the country’s automotive industry. Industry veteran Ivan Deveson tells reporters at the recent launch of the Automotive Centre of Excellence in Melbourne that Australian car and spare parts makers are at the start of a massive transition, and some – perhaps all – could fall by the wayside. Deveson, who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strategic Group Chief Warns Threat to Oz Suppliers Urgent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.