CANBERRA – Australian Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane announces the formation of the Auto Industry Strategic Group and will lead a delegation of vehicle and car components makers on an urgent trade mission to Detroit and Tokyo. The action comes as the government reacts to the loss of contracts by local parts makers following Australia’s near elimination of tariffs and the growing activities of the Chinese parts industry. (See related story: Study Says FTAs to Shift Balance of Trade in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strategic Group to Promote Oz Global Automotive Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.