MUMBAI ‚Äď A strike by some unionized workers at General Motors India‚Äôs Halol plant in Vadodara is in its fifth day, with a reported production loss so far of about 550 vehicles. The factory builds 190 cars daily with two shifts but has been operating on a single general shift since Wednesday, when disgruntled workers on the second shift walked out. Some 450 striking workers returned to their posts today, and the auto maker says it may be forced to take action against remaining absent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strike Continues at GM India‚Äôs Halol Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.