The launch of the locally built Camry Hybrid is proving to be a winner for Australian parts suppliers. Innovation Minister Kim Carr says Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. tells him orders for the vehicle are strong, especially from fleet buyers. “This is good news for Toyota, but it is also good news for the Victorian and South Australian component makers (that) have secured around A$90 million ($80 million) worth of work producing 50 or so hybrid-specific components for this vehicle,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong Camry Hybrid Sales Good for More Than Just Toyota Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.