December U.S. light vehicle sales (see insert) outdid all expectations, as entire 1998 finished at 15.55 million units, the second best calendar year ever behind only 1986's 16.06 million. December's daily selling rate (DSR) of 50,554 was the highest for any December since 1986's 54,144 and 7.1% above year-ago's 49,357 — 26 selling days for each period. Furthermore, December's seasonally adjusted annual rate of 17.28 million was an any-month best since December 1986's 17.80 million. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong Finish Caps 2nd Best U.S. Sales Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.