MADRID – A strong showing in May for industry passenger-vehicle sales fails to calm auto makers and dealers here bracing for a tough second-half 2010. Car and SUV deliveries grew a combined 44.7% in May to 102,934 units, bringing the year-to-date tally to 483,257, up 43.7%. But those double-digit gains aren’t nearly enough, say industry officials. “Despite the results of May, we cannot forget that the sales volume is 25% lower than the average monthly level of May during the last 10 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong May Offers Little Encouragement for Auto Makers, Dealers in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.