Buoyed by record automotive production in 1999, three top suppliers report solid earnings for the quarter ending Dec. 31. Delphi Automotive Systems posted net income of $269 million, or $0.48 per share, on sales of $7.2 billion, exceeding analyst expectations of $0.46. For Delphi's first year as an independent company, net income was $1.1 billion, or $1.91 per share, a 22% increase over the previous year. Total sales reached $29.2 billion, up from $28.5 billion in 1998. Sales to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong Quarter for Delphi, Meritor, JCI" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.