The surprising strength of the first quarter has corporate economists stumped, says Van E. Jolissaint, the new corporate economist at DaimlerChrysler Corp. In an interview with Ward's, he says his colleagues at General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. have expressed the same surprise, as have representatives from the Federal Reserve. “They actually said to me on the phone, ‘Why is the industry so strong?’” he says. Everyone's best guess is incentives and lower interest rates make car buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong Quarter Has Economists Stumped" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.