General Motors Corp. took a sizeable chunk out of its swollen ’04 model inventory levels in the U.S. by posting a 19.9% sales increase in September. Despite the progress, however, GM stocks remain higher than year-ago levels, according to Paul Ballew, GM general director-sales and industry analysis. GMC is on pace to set yearly sales record in 2004. “We certainly saw a significant improvement with regards to our inventory,” says Ballew. “Our ’04 model inventories dropped by about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Strong September Sales Lower GM Stocks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.