ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – Bankruptcy has improved General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC’s approach to parts procurement, but the tough economic environment in the U.S. has not changed Toyota Motor Corp.’s methods for the better, supplier executives participating in a roundtable here say. “Toyota has forgotten its original concept,” says Nate Furuta, chairman and CEO of Toyota Boshoku America Inc. “It’s now more about dollars and cents and less on developing suppliers.” Also becoming ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Struggles Make for Kinder GM, Chrysler, Tougher Toyota, Supplier Execs Say" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.