A 2-year study by the Electric Power Research Institute of Palo Alto, CA, concludes that auto buyers regard hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) as the best choice for fuel economy and maintaining today’s performance expectations. Up to half of participating consumers say they would favor an HEV, even if priced 25% more than a conventionally powered vehicle. Some 63% say they prefer the option of plugging in an HEV at home to going to a gas station. See related chart The $2 million study ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Study Finds Consumers Want HEVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.