Expect OEM consolidation to accelerate within five years, with an anticipated shakeout that will leave as few as five large automakers worldwide and force additional link-ups among suppliers, a new study says. KPMG LLP, an accounting, tax and consulting firm, surveyed 35 top-level automaker and supplier executives in its global research project, revealed at the Detroit auto show. Another key finding: technology will drive automakers to shift attention away from producing cars to meeting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Study: More Consolidation, Outsourcing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.