CANBERRA – A new study on Australia's auto industry says passenger cars are more affordable now than at any time in the last 20 years. The finding may help explain why Australia has sustained record car sales for three years running. More than 100,000 cars were sold in June, alone. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries now is forecasting 2005 total sales of 980,000 vehicles. (See related story: Oz June Sales Set Single-Month Record) Holden Astra saw best-ever month in June with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Study Says Aussie Car Prices Best in Decades" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.