What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time, the Chrysler Group was awash in red ink and pink slips. The outlook was bleak, morale was low and the turnaround task ahead was daunting. Fast forward to July 2002. DaimlerChrysler AG second-quarter earnings of $1.09 billion reflect a stellar performance by the Chrysler Group that reported an operating profit of $777 million. That is in stark contrast to like-2001’s $146 million loss. Chrysler is expected to keep up the good work ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Stunning Turnaround Draws Attention" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.