GENEVA – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. uses the recent Geneva auto show to unwrap its highly anticipated Subaru flat-4 diesel engine, marking the first time the auto maker has had a compression-ignition powerplant in its stable. Planned for a formal launch sometime next year, the all-new H-4 engine is set to boost Subaru's market share in Europe, where nearly half of car sales are oil-burners. The first model to feature the turbodiesel is expected to be on the Legacy platform and unveiled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru Boxer Diesel Offers Benefits of Gasoline Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.