Subaru-maker Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. is developing a new hybrid powertrain technology: the Turbo Parallel Hybrid (TPH). TPH, which will undergo a test launch in Japan in 2007, uses a compact 10-kW motor generator situated between the vehicle’s engine and automatic transmission to deliver all-around solid performance, while also attaining improved fuel economy and reduced emissions, the auto maker says. Fuji plans to use the new technology in conjunction with its turbocharged ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru Develops Turbo Parallel Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.