Subaru of America Inc., Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors America were the only auto makers to post full-year sales gains in the U.S. light-vehicle market in 2009, showing the continued strength of Asian manufacturers. Subaru says it delivered a record 216,652 units in the U.S. last year, up 15% over like-2008’s 187,699. The company’s previous high-water mark was 200,703 set in 2006. Subaru’s year-over-year gain was the largest of any U.S.-market auto maker in 2009, thanks to strong ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru, Hyundai, Kia Only Winners in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.