Subaru of America Inc. has redesigned its Impreza for the ’06 model year, increasing horsepower on the 2.5 i (formerly 2.5 RS) and Outback Sport models. The two trims now will make 173 hp with a more powerful version of the 2.5L SOHC horizontally opposed 4-cyl. engine. Subaru has added an i-Active Valve Lift system and Electronic Throttle Control system to boost output. Peak torque is still 166 lb.-ft. (225 Nm) at 4,400 rpm, Subaru says. All Imprezas have a new exterior look, with a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru Impreza Gets Slight Horsepower Bump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.