Subaru of America Inc. is recalling 376,000 vehicles to prevent coolant leaks from around engine cylinder head gaskets. Affected models include the ’00-’02 Legacy and Outback and the ’99-’02 Impreza and Forester, all with 2.5L engines. Subaru says normal expansion and contraction of engine components is to blame for the problem, which it says will be remedied by adding a Subaru cooling system conditioner to the vehicle’s cooling system.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru Recalls 376,000 Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.