Johnny Cochran, famous for his defense of O.J. Simpson in Simpson’s murder trial, is taking on Carfax Inc. in court. His law firm, Cochran, Cherry, Givens, Smith and Bolton L.L.P., has filed a lawsuit in the Circuit Court of Shelby, County, TN, against Carfax and its owner, R.L. Polk and Co. The lawsuit alleges that Carfax exaggerates claims in its promotion of a database service it sells to consumers and dealers that tracks whether a used-car has been involved in an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suit Challenges Carfax Data" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.