Valeo SA signs a contract to supply PSA Peugeot Citroen with its StARS start-stop, micro-hybrid technology for use on more than 1 million PSA vehicles by 2011. StARS shuts off a vehicle’s engine at a stop and restarts it when the throttle is depressed, resulting in fuel savings and emissions reductions of up to 15% in urban cycles, the supplier says. Korea’s Iljin Bearing Co. Ltd. opens a second plant in Tianjin, China, that will supply wheel bearings to Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.