Collins & Aikman Corp. reportedly halts shipments of key interior components to Ford Motor Co.’s plant in Hermosillo, Mexico, causing the facility to shut down temporarily and irreparably harming the relationship between the two companies in the process. Hermosillo produces the crucial Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ sedans and built 400 fewer units than expected due to the shutdown that began Oct. 12, The Wall Street Journal reports. The facility has since reopened. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.