Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and the United Steelworkers of America union reach a tentative labor contract after five months of negotiations. The 3-year contract covers 19,000 unionized workers at 14 Goodyear plants in the U.S. Although Goodyear refuses to confirm the rumor, the union reportedly says Goodyear’s Huntsville, AL, plant is a casualty of the contract negotiations and is expected to close by year-end. The plant makes Dunlop-brand tires and employs about 1,100 union members. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.