Rouge Industries Inc. of Dearborn, MI, says it intends to sell most of its assets to Severstal, the second-largest steel producer in Russia. Rouge and its wholly owned subsidiaries, Rouge Steel Co., QS Steel Inc. and Eleveth Taconite Co., have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but Rouge says there will be no interruption of service to customers. It has secured $150 million in debtor-in-possession financing that will be used in part to pay employees and suppliers. Some 2,600 people ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.