ArvinMeritor Inc. confirms it will close its Franklin, IN, Light Vehicle Systems exhaust facility, partly due to overcapacity in the North American car market. The plant employs more than 850 workers. Production will be moved to ArvinMeritor sites in Columbus, IN; Taylor, MI; Detroit; Dexter, MO; Spartanburg, SC; and Queretaro, Mexico, with no disruption to customers. The supplier says Franklin employees may be eligible for transfer to the other facilities, as some additional workers will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.