Johnson Controls Inc. will spend $220 million to renovate its plant in Holland, MI, to produce lithium-ion battery cells after winning $148.5 million in state-tax incentives. Batteries manufactured likely will be used to power a Ford Motor Co. plug-in vehicle slated to hit showrooms next year. The new BMW 760i will feature ZF Friedrichshafen AG’s new 8-speed automatic transmission, new cross-linked chassis and steering system. ZF says the new transmission shifts in milliseconds, improving ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.