Continental AG rejects a takeover bid worth €11.2 billion ($17.9 billion) from smaller rival Schaeffler KG, saying the amount does not reflect the company’s full value. Continental says it is willing to support family-held Schaeffler taking up to 20% of the company, but Schaeffler insists on a controlling stake. Continental CEO Manfred Wennemer reportedly is mounting a defense against Schaeffler and has warned the takeover could ultimately dismantle Continental. But a Schaeffler spokesman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.