Visteon Corp. is asking a bankruptcy judge for permission to terminate its health-care and life-insurance plans that cover 6,650 hourly and salaried retirees and their dependents, as well as benefits for 700 potential retirees, the Detroit Free Press reports. The supplier says its liabilities for its pension plans will be about $310 million by the end of 2009. A hearing is slated for Aug. 13. Additionally, The Detroit News reports Visteon, in a separate motion filed this week, is seeking the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.