Bridgestone Corp. will build a new ¥17 billion ($139.3 million) tire plant in Chonburi, Thailand, due to increasing demand in the Asian and Middle Eastern regions. The plant, Bridgestone’s third in the country, will make radial tires for trucks and buses. Bridgestone’s Tire Mfg. Thailand Co. will operate the plant, expected to have a capacity of 2,500 tires per day when it opens in second-half 2004. The tires will be exported to the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Southeast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642