Ricardo Inc. is selected by Moscow-based KATE LLC to partner in the development of a new 7-speed automatic transmission for use in a Lada B/C-segment car in 2012. KATE already has built and tested concept demonstrator units and is preparing a new manufacturing facility in Kaliningrad to support volume production. The FT702 transmission will be an ultra-compact, low-manufacturing-cost unit, offering a large ratio spread and avoiding the need for a torque converter, Ricardo says. The two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.