Delphi Corp. and Visteon Corp. now will pay new hires a starting wage of $14 per hour under a new 7-year pact with the United Auto Workers union. Currently, Delphi and Visteon workers make an average $22-$36 an hour. The 2-tier wage scale takes effect May 3. Visteon, however, is calling its agreement with the UAW “tentative,” as some “operational issues” need resolving first. At Delphi, workers will start at $14 but have the opportunity to increase their hourly wage to $14.50, $16.50, or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.