BorgWarner Inc. is supplying Tesla Motors Inc. with an advanced single-speed gearbox for use in the Tesla Roadster electric sports car. Tesla says the transmission provides 30% greater torque and 10% improved range vs. the original gearbox launched in the Roadster earlier this year. Torque has been increased to 280 lb.-ft. (380 Nm) from 211 lb.-ft. (286 Nm), while range is extended to 244 miles (393 km) from 221 miles (356 km), Tesla says. Ricardo plc forms the Global Hybrid Product Group ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.