Hayes Lemmerz International Inc. is shuttering its Howell, MI, manufacturing plant and will shift production to other Hayes plants in the U.S. The supplier blames industry overcapacity for the decision, which is part of a manufacturing rationalization plan for its North American Wheel Group to lower operating costs and increase facility utilization. Some 180 hourly and salaried staff currently are employed at the facility, which makes aluminum wheels for domestic OEMs. Siemens VDO ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.