Dow Chemical Co. says it will cut 5,000 jobs, or about 11% of its workforce; close 20 plants and idle 180 facilities; reduce the number of contractors it hires by about 6,000, or 30%; and attempt to sell several businesses in response to the global economic crisis. Dow estimates the measures will save $700 million annually by 2010. Citation Corp. is awarded $200 million in new business over five years to supply Akebono Brake Corp. with ductile iron castings for a variety of new-vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.