J.L. French Automotive Castings Inc. of Sheboygan, WI, along with eight of its North American affiliates, reportedly has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, DE. The company, which employs about 1,800 people and has $741.6 million in total debt, cites declining sales of light trucks and SUVs by U.S. auto makers as reasons for the filing. The powertrain and engine component supplier also says terms of its restructuring, which is expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.