Delphi Corp. reportedly is working to reduce the number of its core suppliers from 2,850 to 750, in an effort to get better technology at lower prices. Non-core suppliers will continue to manufacture parts for Delphi under their existing contracts, but will not be allowed to bid on future business. Delphi reportedly will develop 5-year strategic plans for each core supplier that will outline expectations for factory development, capital spending and likely production volumes. Meanwhile, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.