Visteon Corp.’s $1.9 billion in retiree health care costs will be taken care of by former parent Ford Motor Co. via a fourth-quarter charge reportedly worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Visteon was set to pay about $465 million in the first installment over a 15-yr. period beginning in 2006. Visteon has some 21,500 workers who are technically Ford employees represented by the United Auto Workers union. When Visteon was spun-off from Ford in 2000 it had $1.9 billion in underfunded ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Roundup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.